Tuesday 14 January 2014

Best Restoration Project – Aerospace X Awards

Hello everyone, it’s been a while!

First of all, Happy New Year! I’m rather excited that my first guest blog for 2014 is for XL231! I’m even more excited to be part of the team awarding XL231 with the Best Restoration Project of 2013 Aerospace X Award!

In December of last year, I guest presented on the Aviation Xtended Podcast, and we all chose a few different things for the Xtended 12 Days of Avgeek Christmas, but later decided to actually award our chosen days out, products, projects, airfields and more!

I chose Handley Page Victor XL231 as the winner for Best Restoration Project 2013. I chose Team Victor because not only do I think they have done an absolutely outstanding job on restoring Lindy and keeping her in a working, taxi-able, order; I have worked alongside them and they have offered me amazing opportunities.

The team deserve this award and so much more!

If in any way you can offer support, donations, a helping hand, I know the team appreciate it very much, and again, they deserve it!

Throughout 2013, Team Victor achieved so, so much! 3 taxy runs, Lindy’s 20th birthday, featured on ITV’s Calendar, and BBC’s Look North East and Cumbria, engine runs, Thunder Days, bloody mint birthday day out for someone (cough, me, cough), a night shoot, lots of triumphs engineering and restoration wise, and of course, winning an Aviation Xtended Aerospace X Award!

I am very proud to have supported the team throughout 2013, and I know other supporters of Lindy have been very proud too, and that pride and support will continue through 2014!

I am really looking forward to see what 2014 has in store for the team!

Finally, congratulations to Team Victor on your award, you most certainly deserve it!


Pod

No comments:

Post a Comment