Tuesday 17 December 2013

HF, ADF & Radio testing


On Sunday Rick Gill tested the recently serviced HF (High Frequency) radio and ADF (Automatic Direction Finding) systems out and satisfied himself that between us we had them well sorted. In addition he ran the VHF & UHF systems and again all were fully up to speed.



We all know that XL231 is unlikely to fly again and some of these systems are not necessary for us to be able to operate the aircraft.  However, XL231 is a historic and rare machine and she justly deserves to be as serviceable as possible. As her owner of 20years I probably know the type as well as is possible to do so and I personally would be more than confident in her ability to go airborne.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this is really interesting reading. I am glad I found this and got to read it. Great job on this content. I like it. Elmendorf Tear Tester

    ReplyDelete